[Mailman-Users] Some lists no longer archiving new messages

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Sep 3 11:44:06 EDT 2016

On 09/02/2016 03:31 PM, Beu, Ed (DOA) wrote:

> The few lists that I have 'imported' mail from Thunderbird into Mailman archives will not archive new messages.

I suspect a permissions issue on archives/private/LIST.mbox/LIST.mbox,
but there should be errors and tracebacks in mailman's error log and
shunted messages in the shunt queue. If you have the RedHat package,
these are /var/log/mailman/error and /var/spool/mailman/shunt respectively.

If you can't figure out what the problem is from the error log, post the
info here. Once you have fixed the problem you can run unshunt
(/usr/lib/mailman/bin/unshunt) to archive the shunted messages, but
first you may want to examine them with /usr/lib/mailman/bin/show_qfiles
to ensure that all of them should be unshunted and there are none from
older, unrelated errors.