[Mailman-Users] Digest formatting--clickable TOC?

Lucio Chiappetti lucio at lambrate.inaf.it
Mon Sep 5 04:32:46 EDT 2016

On Fri, 2 Sep 2016, Matt Morgan wrote:

> The eventual publication looks a lot like a mailman digest, and that's
> what I'm switching it to.

I see that over the weekend there was some discussion about digests, not
only in this thread !

> I understand that mailman can do digests as a series of MIME attachments
> to the TOC email, one for each posting. I don't think that's going to
> work for this crowd, although I'm not sure.

Personally I do use MIME digests (not plain text ones) for almost all the
lists I'm subscribed to (actually ALL which allow it). But then my MUA
(Alpine) with some customization (including a formail-based shell script)
can turn the MIME digests into a temporary mail folder, where I can access
each posting as a normal e-mail.  And even if I would not have my scripts,
I could still natively view the attachment index and access the RFC822
attachment one by one as a normal e-mail.