[Mailman-Users] A quick question about slicing outgoing qrunner

Chris Nulk cnulk at scu.edu
Wed Sep 7 17:54:26 EDT 2016

Hello all,

I have read the archives regarding slicing the qrunner queues. Mailman
here runs on a single system (virtual) along with the local MTA and web
server.  Our outgoing queue recently got bogged down.  I would like to
increase the number of queues for the outgoing qrunner to three instead
of one.

My question is will I encounter any problems with changing (in
mm_cfg.py) the QRUNNERS entry to:

QRUNNERS = [
     ('ArchRunner',     1), # messages for the archiver
     ('BounceRunner',   1), # for processing the qfile/bounces directory
     ('CommandRunner',  1), # commands and bounces from the outside world
     ('IncomingRunner', 1), # posts from the outside world
     ('NewsRunner',     1), # outgoing messages to the nntpd
     ('OutgoingRunner', 3), # outgoing messages to the smtpd (change to three '3' queues)
     ('VirginRunner',   1), # internally crafted (virgin birth) messages
     ('RetryRunner',    1), # retry temporarily failed deliveries
     ]

I also plan on performance tuning of the MTA.

Thanks,
Chris