[Mailman-Users] What does "Possible malformed path attack" actually mean?

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Mon Sep 12 15:02:32 EDT 2016

Hi,

today I updated our installation of Mailman to version 2.1.23. Prior to the
upgrade there were "Possible malformed path attack" log entries, but
without any further details I never bothered to look for their cause. After
the update I can now see where they are coming from, and it's our own
Google Search Appliance (GSA).

So far I haven't been able to understand what is going on. I can't find any
questionable requests in Apache's access log from the GSA. Any ideas what
could be causing this?

Thanks
Sebastian
--
Sebastian Hagedorn - Weyertal 121, Zimmer 2.02
Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK)