[Mailman-Users] problems linking to successive chunks of addresses in admin user search

Christopher Adams adamsca at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 19:28:10 EDT 2016

Thank you. I did patch the admin.py file and I can see the changes.
However, if I go to the list subscribers, the link to the next group of
addresses takes me back to the main admin page.

I did notice that the URL includes  < u'http://....   > which I thought was
the problem that this was supposed to remedy. I then restarted Mailman, but
that made no difference.

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 4:12 PM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> On 09/28/2016 11:04 AM, Christopher Adams wrote:
> >
> > Do I need to patch Mailman and then follow the process as I would for
> > installing/upgrading Mailman ?
>

> You could, but it isn't necessary.
>

> > When I patch, should I be in the Mailman build/source directory and not
> > in the current Mailman directory ?
>

> The easiest thing is to just patch the active Mailman, not the
> build/source.
>

> > Would 'patch < admin.patch' work ?
>

> It will if you are in the $prefix directory.
>
> Since this patch only affects the admin CGI which is not a persistent
> process, it is only necessary to apply the patch to
> $prefix/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py. It is not necessary to restart Mailman.
> See <https://wiki.list.org/x/17891729>.
>
> --

Christopher Adams
adamsca at gmail.com