[Mailman-Users] Bad Confirmation String to cancel Message that was too large.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Apr 3 15:01:03 EDT 2017

On 04/03/2017 11:36 AM, Bryan Carbonnell wrote:

>> The confirmation string is the token in the pending database for the
>> entry for this held message. There is a script at
>> <https://www.msapiro.net/scripts/list_pending> (mirrored at
>> <https://fog.ccsf.edu/~msapiro/scripts/list_pending>) that can be used
>> to dump the pending database.
>
> I don't see the confirmation string in the list's db even though I
> still see the email in held moderation queue.

Did you give the '-m' option to the script. Without it, you won't see
held messages.

> It's actually weird. There are 6 messages that are held in the db, but
> only 2 in the moderation queue

Perhaps the admindb interface is not for the current mailman installation?

If you run the list_requests script from
<https://www.msapiro.net/scripts/list_requests> with the -l LISTNAME and
-v options, does it correlate with the admindb list?

Do the IDs in that output correlate with those in the list_pending -m -v
output?

Also, do the data/heldmsg-LISTNAME-ID.pck files correlate with the admindb.

If there are discrepancies, are there any exceptions logged in Mailman's
error log?

> Is there anything else I can check, or should I write this one off as
> an anomoly?

If the message is in the admindb interface, it should be in the
pending.pck, at least if it's recent. Older messages could have had
their pending confirmations removed after PENDING_REQUEST_LIFE (default
3 days).