[Mailman-Users] Bad Confirmation String to cancel Message that was too large.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Apr 3 18:06:07 EDT 2017

On 04/03/2017 12:57 PM, Bryan Carbonnell wrote:

> Thanks for trying to help me out Mark. I do appreciate it.

Some of my prior replies may have been misleading. I just did some more
detailed looking and here's some info.

First, when a held message is handled via the admindb interface
(approved, discarded, rejected) the entry in the pending db is not
removed. This is probably why you have entries in the pending db that
aren't in the admindb interface.

The other side of this is if the user goes to the confirm URL and clicks
"Continue awaiting approval", the entry in the pending db is removed so
if the user goes back a second time, she gets the invalid confirmation
string message.

This can explain why there is a held message not in the pending db.

This can obviously come about from the user clicking "Continue awaiting
approval" and then going back, but conceivably it can happen if the user
"stutters" on the mouse and clicks more than once and possibly clicks on
the "Continue awaiting approval" button without really seeing that page.