[Mailman-Users] Getting implicit destinattion even though To: field is correct

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Apr 22 13:23:59 EDT 2017

On 04/21/2017 12:15 PM, Aaron Smith wrote:
> ... However, if I send a message to
> testlist at mail01.example.com, it
> is moderated for implicit destination.  Every single time.  And I
> KNOW that the To: field has the correct email address because I'm
> typing it in myself during a telnet session to port 25!  What am I
> missing here?

The addresses in any To:, Cc:, Resent-To: or Resent-Cc: headers are
lower cased and if the local part of any of these matches the list's
internal name (which should be the lower case list name, i.e. the list's
real_name attribute lower cased), you should not get an implicit
destination hold.

I.e., if the list's internal name it 'testlist' and the To: header
contains the address testlist at ... in any combination of upper/lower
case, the message should not be held for implicit destination.

When the message is held for implicit destination, look at the Message
Headers: in the held message view in the list's admindb interface. Do
they have the To: header you expect?