[Mailman-Users] Query for un confirmed subscription requests v2.1

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Apr 30 22:14:19 EDT 2017

On 04/30/2017 04:06 PM, Dean Suhr wrote:

> Is there a way to query what email addresses have been sent Confirmation messages but not responded/confirmed?  Is there a time after which unconfirmed subscription requests are purged?

See the script at <https://www.msapiro.net/scripts/list_pending>
<mirrored at <https://fog.ccsf.edu/~msapiro/scripts/list_pending>.

Confirmations expire after PENDING_REQUEST_LIFE (default 3 days.

> I know there are no more features being added to 2.1 … but it sure seems like being able to follow people through the subscription process, and maybe even to have the ability to resend the Confirmation emails would make us look better.  With today’s flow we don't know they requested to subscribe … and they get angry at us because they think we are not responding their subscription request.

You can "resend" a confirmation by inviting the user through the web
admin Membership Management... -> Mass Subscription interface.