[Mailman-Users] clear space

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Aug 2 14:29:42 EDT 2017

On 08/02/2017 08:55 AM, Dan Young wrote:

> Anyone have a script, code or link that shows how to delete archives &
> maybe bounce-events
> or anything else I can clean without effecting lists. Need to free up
> some space.

If you have files in Mailman's data/ directory named
bounce-events-ppppp.pck the only one, if any, that's useful is one with
a current time stamp and ppppp = to the pid of the currently running
BounceRunner. Any others are orphaned and can safely be removed.

As for archives, see <https://www.msapiro.net/scripts/prune_arch>
(mirrored at <https://fog.ccsf.edu/~msapiro/scripts/prune_arch>), or if
you really don't want archives for a list, you can set the lists
Archiving Options -> archive to No and just remove
archives/private/LISTNAME/ and archives/private/LISTNAME.mbox/.