[Mailman-Users] Customize "From" when munging it for DMARC?

Jordan Brown mailman at jordan.maileater.net
Fri Aug 4 22:30:18 EDT 2017

On 8/4/2017 2:32 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> My theory is that MS is (wrongly) dropping the "To" copy of list1 from
>> the reply because it's the From, and then (correctly) using the Reply-To
>> instead of the From.
> It looks to me as if your theory is correct, except I wouldn't say
> "wrongly". I think an MUA is arguably doing the right thing by
> overriding the From: address with the Reply-To: address on a reply-all
> even though the From: address is also in To:.

It should certainly override the From with the Reply-To.

What I'm objecting to is the fact that it hunts down *other* instances
of the address in From and removes them (or perhaps replaces them with
the Reply-To and then eliminates duplicates).  I think Reply-All should
take {Reply-To, else From}, To, and CC, and reply to them.