[Mailman-Users] Customize "From" when munging it for DMARC?

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Mon Aug 7 02:36:10 EDT 2017

Jordan Brown writes:

 > What I'm objecting to is the fact that it hunts down *other* instances
 > of the address in From and removes them (or perhaps replaces them with
 > the Reply-To and then eliminates duplicates).  I think Reply-All should
 > take {Reply-To, else From}, To, and CC, and reply to them.

Unfortunately, you can assume that the large freemail services do not
care what you think.  I'm not sure why they've all gone substantially
downhill in the last decade, but they have.  Probably they get
complaints and feel they have to "do something, anything" about them.

That said, I don't know if it's a useful option for you, but one
possibility would be to set reply-to to the list as well as using one
of the munge_from settings.  Because munge_from has the effect of
hiding the author's address, it also places the author's address in
the reply-to, even if the list is already there.

Steve

--
Associate Professor              Division of Policy and Planning Science
http://turnbull/sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/     Faculty of Systems and Information