[Mailman-Users] user being bounced from list?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Feb 10 23:01:09 EST 2017

On 02/10/2017 05:31 PM, Adam Morris wrote:

> I have a user who is bounced periodically from one of my lists.
>
> He is on 4 of them but the bounce only happens for one of the lists.
> Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

It would help to see the bounce message attached to the subscription
disabled message that you receive if Bounce processing ->
bounce_notify_owner_on_disable is Yes, or any of the bounce log entries
from the system mail log if you have access to that.

Absent that information, my best guess is this is a DMARC issue and it
only affects one list because that is the only list of the 4 that has
one or more people posting from domains that publish DMARC p=reject.

See <https://wiki.list.org/DEV/DMARC> AND
<https://wiki.list.org/x/17891458> for more on DMARC.

However, if it is DMARC, it seems unlikely it would affect only one
user, so it may be something else.