[Mailman-Users] Problem with AOL

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Tue Feb 14 10:40:19 EST 2017

At 08:57 AM 2/14/2017, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>On 02/13/2017 09:33 PM, Jayson Smith wrote:
> >
> > One of my mailing lists has one AOL user who finally got tired of *his*
> > messages to the list being rejected by AOL.
>

>Some time ago, I noticed that when an AOL user posts to a list, the list
>copy sent back to that user, but not other AOL users, was always
>rejected with the "AOL will not accept delivery of this message."
>reason. This is similar to Gmail (see <https://wiki.list.org/x/4030680>)
>except Gmail just drops the message rather than bouncing it.
>
>Anyway, I just set all the AOL list members to not receive their own
>posts (they weren't receiving them anyway), and that worked around the
>problem.

Well I will have to investigate further and see if that is the
problem. You said "some time ago," and it is recent with me, which
means it could be something else, or not.  Have you written, or is
there a script to go through all lists and change attribute, and/or
would it work to send them post acknowledgement? With 300 lists and
over 12,000 users I can't really do it by hand.

Dave