[Mailman-Users] Fwd: Warming IP Addresses -- Gradually Increasing Email Volume

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Wed Feb 22 11:03:44 EST 2017

On 2/22/2017 7:33 AM, Greg Sims wrote:
> The communications I have with my ISP (Softlayer) is fine.  The issue is
> with AOL, Yahoo and others.  These folks are impossible to communication
> with.

Yes they are and there's not much to be done about it (issues with aol &
yahoo have been covered extensively on this list, please check the
archives).  It was not clear which ISP you were referring to so everyone
assumes the closest one.

Assuming that mailman delivers to a real MTA (postfix/sendmail/etc) on your
server and that sends the mail out, you need to make sure the new server/IP
has proper a proper DKIM/SPF config and then look at the whitelist
procedures at aol/yahoo/etc. You also need the latest mailman (2.1.23) with
DMARC mitigation configs (also discussed on this list).

Later,

z!