[Mailman-Users] accept_these_nonmembers for umbrella lists

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jan 5 17:17:24 EST 2017

On 01/05/2017 02:03 PM, Gretchen R Beck wrote:

> USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER=No (we haven't changed it)
> For the lists in question both have from_is_list=No and dmarc_moderation_action=1 (the system defaults)

dmarc_moderation_action=1 is munge_from which means the from will be set
to the list address if dmarc mitigations are applied which will be the
case for cmu.edu addresses if dmarc_quarantine_moderation_action and
dmarc_none_moderation_action are both yes. This will change the From:
which list2 sees to, e.g. in your case)

From: Gretchen R Beck via List 1 <list1 at ...>

list1 at ... is not in list2's accept_these_nonmembers. Putting it there
will help if this is the issue.