[Mailman-Users] Recent trouble with DMARC Munging

Brian Carpenter brian at emwd.com
Tue Jan 17 07:40:19 EST 2017

> Lindsay Haisley writes:
>
>  > I don't believe that the python DNS resolver module is a stock part of
>  > the python distribution.
>
> It is not, as of 3.6.

cPanel has confirmed the bug and they are currently working on providing a
fix that will be pushed out in an update. Meanwhile they did provide me a
workaround that fixes the issue. Here is what they said related to the
reported bug:

######################################
Indeed, I've replicated this concern on our test servers and I see that the
location has changed in the latest RPM from python 2.6 to python 2.7.

As Cent7 provides python-dns, there is not a need to provide this package
for python 2.7 as the system provided python-dns library can be used.

We provide cpanel-dnspython on Cent 6 systems as python-dns  is not
available. It appears that in the recent package, the installation has been
moved to /usr/lib64/python2.7 rather then the previous location of
/usr/lib/python2.6  or the expected location of /usr/lib64/python2.6.

I've downgraded the installed cpanel-dnspython on a test server which then
allowed for the module to be located without issues

Hats off to Mark Sapiro and to his pinpoint super human laser accuracy to
identify the source of these problems that come up from time to time.

Brian Carpenter
EMWD.com, Owner

Providing Cloud Services and Mailman Hosting for over 15 years.