[Mailman-Users] a way for mods to review rejection messages?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jan 23 16:19:22 EST 2017

On 01/23/2017 11:38 AM, Matt Morgan wrote:

> I can see the "Refused posting:" message text in logs/vette, but that takes
> logging in, grepping etc., and of course I can see everything from every
> list in there. Is there somewhere that the mods for each list can see prior
> moderation actions on their lists?

The information is only in the vette log(s), and there is nothing in
Mailman 2.1 currently to display that information.

On my production site, I have a couple of symlinks from a more or less
private place on the web site to the current and one prior generations
of the vette log.

v.txt -> /var/lib/mailman/logs/vette
v1.txt -> /var/lib/mailman/logs/vette.1

This is just for my convenience so if I see another moderator has
disposed of a held post, I can look at the logged disposition without
opening a 'terminal' to the server.

You could do a similar thing, with or without access controls, to make
the logs available to anyone with access to the URL, but, of course,
that exposes the whole log.

If you want something that requires authentication as a list moderator
and only shows the entries for that list, it wouldn't be to difficult to
add a link or form to the admindb page that would display log entries
for a range of dates for the specific list.