[Mailman-Users] Digests not being sent, accumulating instead

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jul 20 12:38:10 EDT 2017

On 07/20/2017 09:16 AM, Christopher Adams wrote:

> I noticed that a list digest is not being sent. The list is set to send a
> daily digest regardless if the quota has been reached.
>
> I verified that the cron is running:
>
> Jul 16 12:00:01 swiki CROND[44968]: (mailman) CMD (/usr/bin/python -S
> /usr/local/mailman/cron/senddigests)
>
> The digest.mbox has accumulated since 7/16 til the present.

There is probably some defective message in the digest.mbox which is
causing some exception to be thrown in processing the digest.

Part of the issue is you probably never see the output from Mailman's
crons when they encounter errors. See <https://wiki.list.org/x/10715167>.

You can run

cron/senddigests

or

cron/senddigests -l <problem_list>

as the mailman user manually from the command line to get more
information on the error.

The ultimate solution will be to remove the problem message from the
digest.mbox or fix it.