[Mailman-Users] How to check if E-mail from Mailman was opened by the subscriber ?

Christian F Buser luscheina at yahoo.de
Thu Jul 27 11:09:36 EDT 2017

Hello Dlugasny via Mailman-Users. On Wed, 26 Jul 2017 15:43:43 -0400, you wrote:

> we are using Mailman to send out our company newsletters.
> Is it possible to get some how any statistics about Mailman E-mails
> opened by the users ? I simply would like to be informed if user
> opened an E-mail.

No idea whether it is POSSIBLE, but I think it is a really BAD IDEA.

Compare it with normal (paper, snail mail) you send out to your clients. There, you have no guarantee if the recipient opened it / looked at it - unless you send it by "registered mail".

You really want to send the newsletters as registered mail to your clients? If I were youre client, I would be a FORMER client as soon as I notice this.

I know that this is not what you want to know - but I think you should re-think the idea at least twice...

Christian
--
Christian F. Buser, Hohle Gasse 6, CH-5507 Mellingen (Switzerland)
Hilfe fuer Strassenkinder in Ghana: http://www.chance-for-children.org