[Mailman-Users] Authenticated Received Chain in Mailman?

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Tue Jun 6 15:11:20 EDT 2017

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 10:34 PM, Brett Delmage
<Brett at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca> wrote:
> Will Mailman 2 or 3 be incorporating Authenticated Received Chain (ARC) http://arc-spec.org/ ?

Wonderful, another offering of "This document is not an Internet
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational
purposes" adding further complexity to email in a mad attempt to make
up for the "potential" (?) problems that the previous "informational"
one (DMARC) has done to mailing lists.

It would be too easy for email-reading software to show me the address
of the sender and the name of the system that handed the message to my
system, and let me use my own common sense to decide whether it's
spoofed.

Well, we have to play the cards we're dealt. Onward.

Joseph Brennan
Columbia University