[Mailman-Users] how to automatic update aliases and virtual maps in Postfix ?

Zalezny Niezalezny zalezny.niezalezny at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 15:13:37 EDT 2017

Hi,

maybe somebody will be able to support me here.

I have a Mailman 2 and Postfix 3.10 on Ubuntu. Since few hours I`m trying
to configure automatic update of /etc/mailman/alias and
/etc/mailman/virtual-mailman during creation of the new mailing list.

In my Postfix main.cf I have configured everything as it was described in
the documentation:

alias_map = hash:/etc/mailman/aliases
alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases

virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/mailman/virtual-mailman
newaliases_path = /usr/bin/newaliases     (in redhat I have
"newaliases.postfix" is this the same ?)

In my /etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py

I have configured everything as in the documentation, for automatic update
MTA='Postifx'.
E-mail and URL was also configured, but its not the point.

When I`m creating new mailing list, I would like to force Mailman to create
automaticaly aliases in

/etc/mailman/aliases
/etc/mailman/virtual-mailman

How to do it correctly. On Redhat everything is running but on Ubuntu...
not.

I will appreciate Your support.

With kind regards

Zalezny