[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2 and 3

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Mar 30 18:08:05 EDT 2017

On 03/30/2017 05:27 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>>   Does 3 yet run on anything other than Linux?  The last time I looked
>> at it, it looked to be pretty much Linux-only.  (My company's
>> Solaris-based mail servers aren't going away anytime soon.)
>
> It should run on any *nix that supports Python 2, Python 3 and its
> dependencies. I know people have built it successfully on Mac OSX, at
> least for development/testing.
>
> Are there specific issues with Solaris that you think will be problems?

   Hi!  I last looked at it about a year ago (which is a very long time
in my world ;)) so the specifics are very fuzzy.  I believe there was a
dependency on a biggish package that was either Linux-only or x86-only.
Would it have been Node.js?

   Thinking about it some more, yes I believe it was Node.js.
Apparently Node.js isn't quite portable enough to run on SPARC.

                -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA