[Mailman-Users] Any way to disable bounce subscription disabling for just certain users?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 30 20:59:50 EDT 2017

On 03/30/2017 03:30 PM, Jayson Smith wrote:

> Is there any way to disable the automatic disabling of just specific
> member addresses? If I could find a way to do it, would setting their
> bounce score to something like negative 1,000,000,000 do the trick, or
> would Mailman just consider that the same as 0 and set it to 1 the next
> day?

I'm not sure, but I think that setting the users score to a large
negative number might work. It's worth a try.

> Thanks for any thoughts.

Another thing you can do is set

VERP_PROBES = Yes

in mm_cfg.py. This changes bounce processing in the following way.

When a user's score reaches threshold, The user's bounce info is reset
and a special probe message with a token in the envelope from address is
sent to the user. The body is built from templates/LC/probe.txt. The
user's delivery is only disabled if the probe bounces.

In your case, the probe will hopefully not be considered spam by the
user's ISP and won't bounce.

On the other hand, real undeliverable addresses will bounce the probe
and the user's delivery will be disabled and bounce processing will
proceed as in the non-probe case.