[Mailman-Users] how to remove [MASSMAIL] tag from the subject ?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Mar 31 11:00:06 EDT 2017

On 03/31/2017 04:07 AM, Zalezny Niezalezny wrote:

> i have removed prefix subject in the webpanel, but mailman still marking
> outgping e-mails.

If by the above, you mean that you have removed it from the item

Prefix for subject line of list postings.
(Details for subject_prefix)

on the list admin General Options page, that should be all that's required.

> for some list its working for some not. what could be the reason ?

Perhaps where you are still seeing the prefix, it is in a post which is
a reply to an older post that had the prefix in the subject.

I.e., if subject_prefix is empty, Mailman won't add anything to the
incoming Subject: header, but it also won't remove anything.