[Mailman-Users] diagnosing messages missing from archives

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon May 15 18:07:45 EDT 2017

On 05/15/2017 01:41 PM, Matt Morgan wrote:

> It's a customized Slack (which I'm not familiar with in the first
> place). Init scripts are in /etc/rc.d and /etc/rc.d/rc.mailman has a line
>
> PYTHON=/usr/bin/python
>
> and I get
>
> root at cool:/etc/rc.d# /usr/bin/python --version
> Python 2.7.5

What do you get when you invoke /usr/bin/python and then do

import string
string.lowercase

If that produces 'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz', I suggest you try

sudo service mailman stop

and then after all the mailman processes are stopped (see
<https://wiki.list.org/x/4030715>)

sudo service mailman start

and see if that helps.