[Mailman-Users] Mailman @ hostgator

Bryan Teague bryant at sandiego.edu
Thu May 18 10:31:57 EDT 2017

Mailman comes standard on Hostgator accounts that utilize cPanel.  You log in, and search for Mailing Lists.  You can create the mailing lists at that point.  You will have all of the GUI controls available through the web interface, but that is pretty much it.

The only thing to be cautious about is if you have either numerous mailing lists that are somewhat active, or a few mailings lists that are very active, the reseller account (unless he has a dedicated system) could be at risk for exceeding the resource utilization allocated to his virtual resource slice.  It’s been a while since I was a hostgator reseller,  but I want to say there is some kind of limit on emails as well.

Other than that,  I did not have any other issues with Hostgator.  Since he is a reseller,  he can configure the number of mailing lists you have available to you.

Bryan

Bryan Teague | Senior Web Administrator  | University Web Services | ITS | Maher Hall, Room 198
5998 Alcalá Park | San Diego, CA 92110-2492 | P: (619) 260-7842 | C: (619) 321-7288
bryant at sandiego.edu <mailto:bryant at sandiego.edu>