[Mailman-Users] Emergency Moderation Problem

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri May 19 10:34:04 EDT 2017

On 5/18/17 7:53 AM, dwardell at mifnet.com wrote:

> Recently I enabled "Emergency Moderation" briefly, but when I disabled it the system doesn't return to the normal state--all traffic is still moderated even though EM is off.
>
> When reviewing posts that are awaiting approval, the option to clear the subscriber's moderation flag appears, but checking the box has no effect. No subscribers should be set to mod.

Ensure that General Options -> emergency is No and also on the
Membership Management... -> Membership List page under "Additional
Member Tasks" set "Set everyone's moderation bit, including those
members not currently visible" to Off and click "Set" to ensure all mod
flags are off.

> Further, the system will occasionally set a subscriber's mod flag to on when a post is held, even though that box was not checked before. Clearing these flags also has no effect.
...> The mailman version is 2.1.23 using the standard cPanel distribution.

These things are very strange, but I have no idea what could cause that.
See <https://wiki.list.org/DOC/Mailman%20and%20CPanel>.