[Mailman-Users] list sponsorships

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Fri May 19 21:45:25 EDT 2017

Matt Morgan writes:

 > Yes, that's a great example, thanks!. I'd also love to see examples of a
 > sponsor message that's in the email messages (headers, footers,
 > digests)

Subject header: not enough room.

attached to From so only appropriate for announce lists.  But an
interesting idea for those.

Body header: don't do that unless not only does the donation cover list
costs but also allows a dividend to the membership. ;-)

Digests: I think you'd have to alter the code to add stuff outside the
posts themselves.  Not a big deal though, post here for help
content-type is text/plain, so logos are kind of out of the question
here.  It's possible that text/html would be possible, but I suspect
that is a major feature request.

In non-digests, footer is good IMO.  Again, a problem is that it's
text/plain.  text/html might work for you, but we know from dire
experience that we can't afford to support it because: popular MUAs.
(Unpopular MUAs can be supported because they generally are unpopular
*because* they conform to relevant standards. :-P  Go figure....)

 > --or, I know there are lots of good reasons not to do that, too, so
 > it others considered it and ruled it out, it would be interesting
 > to hear how that transpired.

I can't think of a good reason to not say "thank you", except when you
say thank you to one supporter and not others. ;-)

Above is all IME IMHO YMMV (and everybody else MMV too).

Steve