[Mailman-Users] Removing archived spam

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Mon Nov 13 00:37:43 EST 2017

Dimitri Maziuk writes:

 > Heh. You made me look. No, contrary to the popular belief LiGNUx did not
 > invent the world,

There is no such thing as LiGNUx.  Stallman may have his fingers in a
lot of software (to my everlasting annoyance; he wrote, and at last
check circa 2013 continues to write, some of the most unmaintainable
and uncomposable crap), but he didn't invent the world either (he does
seem to have independently invented #AlternativeFacts, though).

 > nor did mailman invent "arch".

Independent invention, apparently. :-)

 > Sunos had it since forever, but it appears nobody else did. Somehow
 > it made its way into linux

If it is in POSIX, as Phil implies, that would explain it.  By the
time it made it into Linux distros, most of them were pretty serious
about POSIX compatibility.

 > and apparently everyone's been trying to get rid of it ever
 > since. Including sunos.

Do you have a citation for this history?  I like to collect

 > <useless things I learn over Saturday morning coffee/>

ha ha

--
Associate Professor              Division of Policy and Planning Science
http://turnbull/sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/     Faculty of Systems and Information