[Mailman-Users] bulk subscribe 7K users

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Oct 2 15:19:13 EDT 2017

On 10/02/2017 07:47 AM, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:

> Mailman's been been trouble- and maintenance-free for us since we
> switched from whatever-that-perl-thing-was-called all those years ago,
> and it never occurred to me it'd something as silly as abort the running
> op because my browser timed out.

"all those years ago" and before, things like "real" databases,
checkpointing, recovery and rollback, and adding 7000 users at once to a
mailing list were not things we thought much about in a mailing list
manager. The fact that Mailman has "been been trouble- and
maintenance-free" for you for all those years is a tribute to the fact
that we got at least most of it right.

If you want a mailing list manager with a modern design, I'd recommend
Mailman 3.

And "abort the running op because my browser timed out" is not Mailman's
doing. That's your web server and its CGI interface.