[Mailman-Users] openrc init.d script

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Oct 6 18:07:14 EDT 2017

On 10/06/2017 01:59 PM, Ruben Safir wrote:

> And what really puzzles me is the error line on the trace
>
> /usr/lib/mailman/bin/mailmanctl
>   omask = os.umask(6)
>         try:
>             fp = open(mm_cfg.PIDFILE, 'w')
>             print >> fp, os.getpid()
>             fp.close()
>         finally:
>             os.umask(omask)
>
> That file, mm_cfg.PIDFILE doesn't exist anywhere on the system.

mm_cfg.PIDFILE is the setting of PIDFILE in Mailman/Defaults.py or as
overriden in Mailman/mm_cfg.py. The Default setting from
Mailman/Defaults.py is

PIDFILE = os.path.join(DATA_DIR, 'master-qrunner.pid')

and DATA_DIR is

DATA_DIR        = os.path.join(VAR_PREFIX, 'data')

and VAR_PREFIX is set by configure, and is also defined in Defaults.py
and in your case is

VAR_PREFIX = '/var/lib/mailman/'

> When you run it from the command line, it works without complaining.
>
> I think there is a problem with the permissions being created for the pid file.

The permissions look OK. Could this be a SELinux or apparmor issue?

> I would really prefer the pid file to be put in /var/run

You can always put

PIDFILE = '/var/run/mailman.pid'

or whatever you want in mm_cfg.py.