[Mailman-Users] Wish list: bounce notifications

Jordan Brown mailman at jordan.maileater.net
Wed Oct 11 10:46:57 EDT 2017

My mailing list is hosted on a low-cost service with shared servers and
so a couple of times a year some other customer gets them onto a spam
blacklist and mail starts bouncing.  I need to know about those
situations ASAP so that I can prod the provider into fixing the problem
and requesting delisting, but Mailman doesn't seem to have a way to tell
me when it gets a bounce... only when it's gotten several bounces and
disabled a membership.  Since I don't want to wait for several bounces,
I have it set on a hair trigger; it disables people on the first bounce
and so I immediately get a notification.  That works, kind of, but it
means that I have an extra re-enable step to repair the damage and that
if I somehow drop a notification on the floor I can leave somebody disabled.

What I'd like would be a way to ask Mailman to notify me on *every*
bounce, without disabling the user.

(Or, of course, if there's just something I've missed in the config
pages, please educate me.)