[Mailman-Users] cause of bounces

Dimitri Maziuk dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu
Tue Oct 17 18:28:08 EDT 2017

On 10/17/2017 04:40 PM, Grant Taylor via Mailman-Users wrote:
> On 10/17/2017 03:22 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> Agreed, but the above imply NOT RFC 5322 compliant.
>
> Please elaborate, if you're referring to more than From: vs Sent-By:.
>
>> In other words, an invalid DKIM signature SHOULD be treated no
>> differently from no signature.
>
> Fair enough.

Why? If this message doesn't match its signature, then it has been
altered in transit for sure. If were not signed, like when I post from
home (because I can't be arsed to set gpg up on winderz), then there's
no telling if it was or wasn't. One of those things is quite a bit not
like the other.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin