[Mailman-Users] cause of bounces

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Thu Oct 19 02:37:24 EDT 2017

Dimitri Maziuk writes:

 > That does not contradict what I said. Low specificity means low
 > probability of detection of "bad stuff". I.e. it doesn't mean much that
 > most of it passes.

That may be true for you, but for most of us having most of our mail
have a valid DKIM signature, plus a DMARC PASS, means that most of our
mail is authentic.  I care a *lot* about having my filters throw away,
or even quarantine, mail from a known correspondent using a known
address.  This almost never happens any more.

 > Ohkay, so what exactly am I the end user is supposed to need it
 > for?

That depends on how much mail you get, how much of it is unwanted,
how much you care about the time you spend dealing with unwanted mail,
and how much you care about losing wanted mail.

Steve