[Mailman-Users] "Bounce action notification" emails for subscribes/unsubscribes

Terry . anon_777 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 24 18:53:01 EDT 2017

Thanks for your excellent answers, Steve and Mark.

Mark, I might pass your generous offer to work with cPanel, on to the webhost (again), to be passed on to cPanel, once I've heard back from the webhost re the timing of when sender_verify was turned on (presumably through a cPanel update).  When I asked the webhost yesterday how long it's been turned on, the response was:

    'Actually, the "Sender Verify" option is the default and recommended by cPanel, so I don't think it was touched by our support staff. I'm attaching the screenshot of this setting for your convenience.'

I won't attach the screen shot, but it describes the "Sender Verification" option as "Verify that the domain mail reports as it origin actually exists".  (The grammar looks strange to my uneducated eyes - maybe that should read "Verify that the domain origin email address actually exists" or "Verify that the domain origin actually exists".)  The options are "On (default)" and "Off".  "On" is selected.

Jim, I don't know the answer to your question, but thanks for commenting.

Terry