[Mailman-Users] bulk subscribe 7K users

Dimitri Maziuk dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu
Fri Sep 29 14:34:23 EDT 2017

Hi all,

a few days ago I made a mistake (?) of uploading a list of ~7000
addresses into the "bulk subscribe" box. None of them made it into the
subscriber list, but at least some of the welcome e-mails went out.

Question: what is mailman actually doing? Is it waiting for all the
retries and bounces before it updates the subscriber list? Or has it
failed and I need to re-do the whole thing?

I see some of those addresses in the logs so it looks like it's the
former. If it is, is there any way to monitor mailman's progress?

(mailman 2.1.12 on centos 6.9)

Thanks in advance,
--
Dimitri Maziuk