[Mailman-Users] 'from' header at delivered email from inside / outside organization

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Thu Apr 19 23:32:30 EDT 2018

Mark Sapiro writes:
 > On 04/19/2018 03:17 AM, kaneko at yamachu-tokachi.co.jp wrote:

 > > Expected behavior:
 > >
 > > a.	When a sender is outside of our organization (abc.co.jp), the
 > > received mail should show original sender's email address at 'from' header.
 > > b.	When a sender is inside of our organization and receiver is outside
 > > of our organization, the received mail should show ML address
 > > (abc at ml.abc.co.jp <mailto:abc at ml.abc.co.jp> ) at 'from' header.
 >

 > This can't be done in Mailman without source code modification.
 > The mods would not be difficult nor extensive, but this can't be done
 > with configuration alone.

Besides what Mark says, it looks to me like you're describing a
customer relations application.  "Mailman Banzai!" and all that, but
Mailman is not designed as a CRM, and hard to tune to be one.

If a CRM is what you want, I'm sure there are dedicated applications
with more of the features you need.  I'm sorry I don't have any
concrete suggestions, I don't use or need CRMs.

Steve