[Mailman-Users] Automatic web subscription format

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Aug 4 12:57:37 EDT 2018

On 08/04/2018 06:49 AM, Jason Wandel wrote:

> I've found some info including on the list history (one from back in 2001
> though the link provided on that no longer exists). I think I'm most of the
> way there, I'm now getting a "bad/invalid email address" error from the
> following (obscured) url, reporting on the Firstname Lastname:
>
> http://domain/mailman/admin/list_domain/members/add?subscribe_or_invite=0&send_welcome_msg_to_this_batch=0&
> notification_to_list_owner=0&subscribees=Firstname%20Lastname%20<email at otherdomain>&adminpw=the
> password
>
> I've tried without quotes and with single or double quotes around the name
> and the name/address combo, all without success.

The fact that you show the list name as list_domain indicates this is
cPanel, so the code you are looking at is not the actual code you are
dealing with.

However, in standard Mailman, and I don't *think* cPanel is different in
this respect, what you show above should work if Firstname and Lastname
don't contain special characters such as '.'. If they do, you need to
quote it as

%22Firstname%20Lastname%22%20<email at otherdomain>

and the %22 quotes won't hurt even if they aren't needed