[Mailman-Users] @signs in FORMs

Bernie Cosell bernie at fantasyfarm.com
Thu Aug 9 12:09:42 EDT 2018

I'm a bit confused [as always].  On the Member List page, all of the @signs
that appear [e.g., in all the email addresses] are HTML encoded:  The
member "jojo at newhost.com" ends up in the FORM for the list as
<INPUT name="jojo%40newhost.com_realname"
            type="TEXT" value="jojojo" size="22" >
<INPUT name="user" type="HIDDEN" value="jojo%40newhost.com" >

I see in web developer, that the fields are apparently submitted just that
way:
-----------------------------265001916915724

jojojo
-----------------------------265001916915724

jojo%40newhost.com

But I can't get my dumb program to update the member list [e.g., to turn on
a 'mod' checkbox].  I'm busy debugging but I'm wondering: when my
program submits the form fields, should it use the %40 form, or convert the
fields back to @signs?  [At the moment I can't get it to work either way but
I'd like to know which is correct].  Thanks!!

  /Bernie\
            Bernie Cosell
       bernie at fantasyfarm.com
-- Too many people; too few sheep --