[Mailman-Users] Multi-Server install

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Wed Aug 29 03:33:58 EDT 2018

Mark Sapiro writes:

 > > What version is Mailman?  I believe that recent versions put the PID
 > > file in the 'lock' directory.
 >
 > There is a master_qrunner lock file in the locks directory but
 > data/master-qrunner.pid contains the PID of the running Mailman.

OK, so this is a Debian patch, I guess -- Debian has two files for
master_qrunner in locks/, and a mailman.pid file in /var/run/.

I think this is a good idea, although "vanilla" mailman probably needs
to put everything under /var/lib/mailman.

Perhaps (at least for Mailman 3) we should make the PID directory an
option (if it isn't already).