[Mailman-Users] messages getting auto discarded

Jim Dory james at dorydesign.com
Sat Feb 17 02:55:06 EST 2018

We are on Mailman 2.1.23. CPanel version.

Here is a typical auto discard vette log entry from a guy who isn't
subscribed on the particular email he used, but is on other email addresses:

Feb 16 18:13:35 2018 (1341) Message discarded, msgid: <
CALKxJoSAAhuBCRZCmmbWFpsrCjdZPwiwy--N95_1BDk4kniMGw at mail.gmail.com>'
       list: Nome-announce,
       handler: Moderate

This message went to a nome-announce.bounces "Auto discard notification" I
can actually see the message in that notification.

What has changed in the last month or two is when a non-member used to try
to post, I would get a nome-announce-bounces "Nome-announce post from
someone at nome.net requires approval" and the message would be "Post to a
moderated list". In that case I could then go into the administrative
interface "Tend to pending moderator requests" and review who had tried to
post and act on it one way or another. If it was a local non-spam email I
could write to the person and tell them to subscribe and give instructions,
or to use their subscribed email account. But now it seems like if anyone
tries to post with an unsubscribed account, I don't see them unless I go
through the (up to) hundreds of "Auto discard notification"s. So I'm
thinking now it isn't to do with any of my spam filters because I haven't
touched them for several months.. except I did add that ^parsons at nome\.net$
last entry in the sender filters not too long ago.