[Mailman-Users] local recipient table

Dimitri Maziuk dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu
Fri Jan 5 13:41:10 EST 2018

On 01/05/2018 11:49 AM, Ruben Safir wrote:

> SMTPHost seems to do a non-mx record lookup for the value ... which is a
> little strange.

When you look up a *host*, you look for A/PTR or CNAME. When you look up
an MX, you can look up an MX for a *domain*, *or* you could look up an
MX for a *host*. I expect in most cases if you query for MX for
SMTP*Host* you'll get nothing -- I wonder how many admins define MXers
for each host these days.

It shouldn't need FQDN though, it should add search domain suffix(es)
from /etc/resolv.conf.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin