[Mailman-Users] local recipient table

Ruben Safir mrbrklyn at panix.com
Fri Jan 5 15:13:29 EST 2018

On 01/05/2018 02:56 PM, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
> I think you are confused: I am not talking about what you get back, I am
> talking about what you ask *for*.

>I think you are confused: I am not talking about what you get back, I
> am
> talking about what you ask *for*.

That is just not logical.  WHen you ask FOR something, that is what you
get back.

> You can ask for an MX record for *FOOHost*.

> You can ask an MX record for FOOHost's *domain*.

That has nothing to do with this.

> They are *not the same* MX record and there is no mechanism to return
> the latter if you ask for the former.

again, that has nothing to do with this.

> When you are *looking up a host*, you are asking for A/CNAME.

That is not a true statement.  When you are looking for a MAIL host, it
is logical to ask for it with an MX record.

> That's a "non-mx record lookup" which you find "a little strange".
> It isn't.

To you.  But in the world of mail and DNS, you look up a SMTP hosts with
mx records.  That was why we invented them...

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com