[Mailman-Users] mailman not creating archives

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jan 22 12:00:15 EST 2018

On 01/22/2018 05:12 AM, Attila Kinali wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have here a mailman installation on debian/stable.
> Everything works fine, beside mailman not creating archives,
> for none of the mailinglists.

Have you set ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX in mm_cfg.py (or changed it in Defaults.py)
or possibly set PUBLIC_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER.

>From Defaults.py:

# ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX
#-1 - do not do any archiving
# 0 - do not archive to mbox, use builtin mailman html archiving only
# 1 - do not use builtin mailman html archiving, archive to mbox only
# 2 - archive to both mbox and builtin mailman html archiving.
#     See the settings below for PUBLIC_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER and
#     PRIVATE_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER which can be used to replace mailman's
#     builtin html archiving with an external archiver.  The flat mail
#     mbox file can be useful for searching, and is another way to
#     interface external archivers, etc.
ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX = 2