[Mailman-Users] Reply-to options not working

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jan 22 14:41:28 EST 2018

On 01/22/2018 11:20 AM, Grant Taylor via Mailman-Users wrote:

> So, I think Thunderbird's new default is going to cause messages to go
> back to the author, ignoring the Reply-To.

That's correct.

> I can see how this could be annoying as a message author who wants
> messages to be directed to the mailing list, particularly if I set the
> Reply-To to be the mailing list.  *sigh*

The T'bird developers view is that in these cases, you are offered a
"Reply List" button and therefore, if you use "Reply" instead of "Reply
List" you must want the reply to go somewhere other than the list. This
of course ignores all those people who will use "Reply" or control-R out
of long habit and not because they want something other than "Reply List".

The real problem is the default for mail.override_list_reply_to is True
and it should be False, but at least in T'bird 52.x we have an option
which we didn't have when the new behavior was first introduced in
T'bird 50.0.