[Mailman-Users] Reply-to options not working

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Mon Jan 22 15:10:48 EST 2018

On 01/22/2018 12:41 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> That's correct.

*chuckle*

I guess this is one time when munging the From for DMARC reasons may
help ensure that messages do go back to the list.

> The T'bird developers view is that in these cases, you are offered a
> "Reply List" button and therefore, if you use "Reply" instead of "Reply
> List" you must want the reply to go somewhere other than the list. This
> of course ignores all those people who will use "Reply" or control-R out
> of long habit and not because they want something other than "Reply List".

Yep, that's the logic I've read.  Not that I agree with it.

I will say that I frequently hit the reply list button, but I do agree
that reply should have the proper default behavior, even in the presence
of a List-Post header.

I view this as an attempt to coddle a few people.  People that I believe
need some training.  Instead, the rest of the masses will now have to
alter their behavior because of the few.

New law, nobody is allowed to drive when it's raining because John Doe
is too scared to do so, thus nobody should be allowed to.  *HEAVYsigh*

> The real problem is the default for mail.override_list_reply_to is True
> and it should be False, but at least in T'bird 52.x we have an option
> which we didn't have when the new behavior was first introduced in
> T'bird 50.0.

Wow.  How could the Thunderbird developers even fathom to introduce an
RFC compliant dictated behavior /without/ giving an option to revert.

*headDesk*

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die