[Mailman-Users] mailman not creating archives

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jan 23 11:47:56 EST 2018

On 01/23/2018 05:59 AM, Attila Kinali wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 09:00:15 -0800
> Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:
>
>> Have you set ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX in mm_cfg.py (or changed it in Defaults.py)
>> or possibly set PUBLIC_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER.
>
> No, the settings are the default as they come with the distro.

I know your OP said there's nothing in the logs, but have you
specifically looked at Mailman's 'error' and 'qrunner' logs.

I suspect the issue may be ArchRunner not running. If so, there will be
a lot of files in /var/lib/mailman/qfiles/archive, there may be files in
/var/lib/mailman/qfiles/shunt, and there should be messages in both
Mailman's 'error' and 'qrunner' logs from the time ArchRunner died.