[Mailman-Users] Photos from Macs getting removed by list server

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Wed Jan 24 03:55:33 EST 2018

Peter Shute writes:

 > I wonder how much dangerous javascript in email is these days.

The #infosec and #bitcoin tweeps I follow are all a-twitter about
javascript that mines bitcoins, which is pretty seriously energy- and
cpu-intensive.  (They have opinions at opposite poles though. :-)

It really depends on your list, though.  If very little spam (by that
I mean less than one per quarter) gets through, and you don't have
Javascript tricksters among the posters, I don't see why this would be
a major worry.  Your paranoia level is your choice, though, and it is
less risky if you have a few people with skills who can identify
problematic mail and tell you about it.

Steve