[Mailman-Users] Reply-to options not working

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Tue Jan 30 15:33:35 EST 2018

On 01/26/2018 09:41 PM, Jordan Brown wrote:
> I was suggesting that one way to address that complaint would be for
> your mail client to detect the duplication and hide the duplicate copies.

That sounds good in theory.  But the practice that I'm exposed to
doesn't work out well.

I usually receive the direct replies before the copy from the mailing
list.  With the copy coming in from the mailing list after the message
directly to me is processed, there is little chance of retroactively
removing the original copy.  At least from procmail filters.  I'm also
not aware of much that Thunderbird can do.

Hence good in theory, bad in practice.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die